Friday, November 1, 2013

Truckstop review

A review of the Wilton Travel Plaza in Wilton, NY. This is my own personal opinion and experience. When I first pulled into the truckstop I noticed plenty of parking, although the layout is not the best with parking to your left at an angle and then to your front on both sides, the ones on your left are really close to the building and nice but if they are full and you make the turn to try and go behind you will probably be stopped, there is no way to get around if they are full and the ones directly behind them un less you cut through the cat scales or back up, but there is usually plenty of parking in the back and middle of the lot. the fuel islands are to your right along with the shop, no experience with this part of the truckstop, although it did look to have plenty of room for trucks at the islands. the staff was fairly friendly with all customers from what I had seen, my main concern was the showers, laundry facility and food... The showers are $8.00 plus a $2.00 deposit for the key and towel, you do get this back but I left mine for a tip. The shower I had was clean for the most part except for the shower curtain, it was kinda dirty looking, I always lysol my shower floors and curtain anyhow which I do recommend with any shower, it could also use a small shelf or something other than just the one by the sink, just a preference of mine to have somewhere else to sit things other than the floor, to their credit they did have a step stool but my bag kept falling off of it, if you are a husband and wife team you might want to get 2 showers, they are not bad for a single though, the water is hot enough but does go to cold every once in a while, lol, needs a better venting system, if you take a hot shower the ceiling will drip on you in shower number 3, the towel and washcloth was soft enough and they still offer small bars of soap, which I prefer over the liquid, I highly suggest bringing your own towel even though they provide them, after watching them do a load of towels I wish I had, lol,, there is no way those towels can get clean stuffed in the washer like they did,, speaking of washers they do have one, $2.50 per load and one dryer that says .25 for 10 minutes, it gives you 7 minutes for a quarter actually.... The restaurant was fairly clean and waitresses did a good job while I was there,,, food is really good but needed salt for my taste,, you do get a good portion for the price although drinks seemed a little high at $2.59, but you get free refills...Overall experience was a good one, better than alot of truckstops out there nowadays... I do recommend Wilton Travel Plaza, stop in get a bite to eat and enjoy the food and good people,, be sure and bring your own towel though, lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment